Following the Government decision and after the taking over the responsibility of construction and management of the Expressway by Nepali Army, following work progress has been achieved as of now:
- On 2074/02/14 then Honorable Prime Minister Puspa Kamal Dahal laid foundation stone in Nijgadh of Bara district.
- “Kathmandu-Tarai/MadeshExpressway Project Implementation Procedure-2074” was approved by the Council of Ministers, the Government of Nepal on 2074/03/08.
- On 2074/02/23 an aerial reconnaissance was conducted by high level army official to assess the present status of Expressway’s alignment.
- A Walk-Over Survey was conducted by a team of engineers from Kathmandu to Nijgadh from 2074/03//29 till 2074/03/01.
- Establishment of camps and deployment of troops have already commenced. As of now, five camps have been manned. Procurement process for camp management and minimum required equipment has already begun.
- A dedicated Project Head Office in Army HQ premises has been established with minimum necessary staffs comprising of experienced and competent army official.
- So far six meetings of Steering Committee (SPV) have been convened resulting in numerious key decisions and initiation of various important steps towards ultimate objective of timely and efficient construction of the project.